ColorAnt 3 is a software solution for measurement data processing prior to profiling. There are many situations in which measurement data is not prepared correctly and therefore causes trouble when creating the ICC profiles. There could be reading errors from the instrument or print errors or other artifacts (e.g. inhomogeneous data) resulting in a less than perfect measurement data quality. To optimize the measurement data and to intelligently average multiple data sets, ColorAnt is the perfect tool.
ColorAnt inspects, visualizes and corrects measurement data coming from measurement devices allowing users to create much better printer and DeviceLink profiles.
ColorLogic’s color management products are easy to use, can be easily integrated into any production environment, and operate reliably for consistent results.
ColorAnt 3 is offered in two different packages. ColorAnt M is designed for standard printing processes and color spaces, whereas ColorAnt L addresses the packaging and multicolor market.
ColorAnt M includes all the features that users have come to rely on for optimizing, editing and correcting measurement data, along with a host of new features including: creating custom test charts (new Custom Charts and Export Chart tools), CIE conversion and the Edit Primaries tool for the CMYK sector.
ColorAnt L includes all the features in the M package and adds specific functionality that is squarely focused on the packaging and multicolor markets.
ColorAnt 3 includes a single navigation panel to easily access all the functions to analyze measurement data. Access any of ColorAnt 3 tools from the redesigned tool panel or by simply highlighting the data and right clicking.
Avoid producing multiple versions of test charts – Recalculate channel data:
– Compensate for variance in press conditions
– Exchanging inks in packaging production
– Flexibility for packaging clientele
– Increase CMYK gamut by adding additional colors
– Exchange and compensate for a different substrate/paper
– Exchange, add or remove channels from pre-existing data
– Recalculate data with additional primaries using spectral data
– Allows the addition of multicolor channels (Requires the L Package)
– Avoids printing test charts for every production situation
IMPROVED VIEWING TOOLS
– View by primaries, secondaries, triplex etc.
– New options include showing black and white patches or limits
– Improved spider web view for multicolor data
– Comparison with other profiles
Create a custom chart for specific printing situations
– Define ink colors and number of patches
– Build custom reference files for test charts
– Define a small or large number of patches
– Incorporate the linearization of the primary inks
– Export chart with specific settings
– Presets optimized for multiple devices and paper sizes
– Save as TIFF or PSD
– Set an ink limit while generating a chart
Change Viewing Conditions:
– Convert spectral measurement data to different viewing conditions
– Define a target illumination
– Use the 10 degree observer for colors viewed from a distance
– Load emission data of target illumination as CxF or CGATS file
TVI TOOLS REVAMPED:
– Save custom curves
– Apply custom curves to other data and
– Show TVI curves according to XYZ or selected density status
Summary of new features in ColorAnt 3:
- Groundbreaking technology for the packaging and multicolor print markets
- Custom Chart creation and exporting features
- Improved Navigation – New design and new features that streamline the user experience
- Edit Primary tool – Repurpose primary colors and recalculate data
- CIE Conversion – Change the observer and illumination of data
- Great new Viewing Tools
- Tone Value Tool improvements
- English and German Language support
- CIE Conversion – PDF and XML reports
- Improved Comparison Tools
Extensive tool box
Multiple tools like optical brightener correction for papers or tone value curve adaptation for various specifications (e.g. according to G7 or ISO), smoothing, error correction, white point adaptations, averaging and idealization of measurement data for standardization purposes are available. Additional analyzing, comparing, reporting and viewing features assist you in figuring out potential sources of error and which tools to use to correct them.
Enhanced print production reliability
At last the quality of ICC profiles is very dependent on the quality of the measurement data. With analyzing and optimizing measurement data a higher profile quality generation is possible which leads to a higher reliability of the print production process.
- ColorAnt is a stand-alone application for Mac OS X and Windows platforms. It is part of the ColorLogic profiling solution CoPrA but can be purchased separately, too.
- ColorAnt supports colorimetric and spectral measurement data from various vendors of spectrophotometers.
ColorAnt optimizes every printer profiling tool in the market be it ICC compliant or not. You will be surprised how inexpensive a dramatically improved print quality and production reliability can be!