The HP Indigo EPM Preflight Solution Complete Bundle includes the Switch Core Engine, Switch Configurator Module, EPM Kit, PitStop Server, PitStop Pro and one year of Maintenance and Support.
The HP Indigo EPM Kit fully automates inspection and routing of files for EPM print production, saving printers from an otherwise labor-intensive and costly process of deciding which jobs will print correctly using EPM.
Enfocus and HP Indigo have jointly developed a solution that will fully automate inspection and routing of files for EPM print production, saving printers the previously labor-intensive and costly process of deciding which jobs will print correctly using EPM. This automation solution scans the print ready PDF files and based on a set of rules, sorts the jobs and routes them to EPM and non-EPM specific hot folders.
How do customers identify an EPM job today? They RIP twice – EPM and CMYK and print two samples and compare the results manually. This takes valuable time and there is a learning process to quickly identify suitable jobs. With the new HP Indigo EPM Kit, printers no longer have to print off a CMYK and CMY version of the job to visually inspect and determine whether it is suitable for EPM printing.
What types of jobs are suitable? Most CMYK jobs for the majority of applications.
Automatically sort files for printing in HP Indigo EPM mode and increase HP Indigo EPM print volume. Optimize manufacturing processes by reducing touch points and save time, reduce costs and increase profit!
- Increases printing speed by 33% since only cyan, magenta and yellow inks are used
- Reduces production costs and increase profitability
- Increases the breakeven point vs. offset
- Enables to move more jobs from analog printing to digital
- Expanding digital print offerings
- Opens new digital business opportunities
Five main inspection points are automatically checked:
- Spot colors
- Weight of black used in a job
- Ink coverage, Font size and Line thickness
- Color differences
- Chroma (gray level) differences
How does it work?
Inspection points, sorted from low to high computer loading, are ready to go and easy to turn on and off:
– Checks spot colors against a list of reachable colors
– Examines ink coverage percentage along the page
– Checks for amount of black used in the job
– Optionally converts black only pages to DeviceGray
– Verifies the font size
– Checks fine lines
– Measures between original and EPM file
– Checks Chroma (gray level)
Which HP Indigo commercial presses support EPM?
- HP Indigo 5600 and 5500 digital presses
- HP Indigo 7×00 Digital Press Series
- HP Indigo W7250 and W7200 digital presses
- HP Indigo WS6x00 digital presses
- HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press
- HP Indigo 20000 Digital Press
- HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press
Already running PitStop Server or Switch? Ask us what you’ll need to implement the HP Indigo EPM Kit.